This Page

has been moved to new address

Yelp - How Dare I!?!??!?

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
for(var i=0;i < urls.length; i++) { if (window.location == urls[i].oldurl) { window.location.href = urls[i].newurl; Burger Conquest: Yelp - How Dare I!?!??!?

Burger Conquest has moved!

You should be redirected shortly. If not, visit
http://burgerconquest.com
and update your bookmarks.

Burger Conquest

Friday, April 16, 2010

Yelp - How Dare I!?!??!?

Yelp
http://www.yelp.com/user_details?userid=a5gt6syDC0f6wjNszXaeew

You're all familiar with yelp.com right? It's a user generated guide to bars, clubs, restaurants, theaters, and other places of business. It's really easy to use and in general, the user base is socially even and easy to relate too. I recently signed up for a Burger Conquest account thinking it would be a great way to connect with other foodies and enthusiasts in the glorious pursuit of delicious burgers. Turns out I was right! Quickly made friends with a lot of people and started sharing my Burger Conquest reviews on the site. It made for a great social networking tool.

Just when I thought it was all glitter and unicorns, I got the following email:

*****
"Hi there,

Welcome!! Just wanted to reach out and welcome you to Yelp...I dig your first coupla of reviews and your blog is really cool, too!

I realize you might not have known, but Yelp discourages people from linking to their personal blogs in each of their reviews...it's along the lines of using the site for promotional purposes, which violates our Terms Of Service. No worries...you probably had no idea since you just joined and these are some of your very first reviews!

Feel free to copy and paste the reviews verbatim from your site to Yelp, but just try to avoid linking to the blog in each one.

For more info, please check out our TOS:
http://www.yelp.com/static?p=tos

If you have any questions, please let me know. I am the Community Manger here and I'd be happy to help!

Cheers,
Jane"
*****

While it was a very understanding and friendly way to approach a slap on the wrist, as of today, I will no longer be posting ANYTHING on Yelp.com. You want to hear what everyone else has to say, go there and read. It's great. If you want the real-deal, low-down, 411 on burger greatness, you got 4 options;

1. Burger Conquest RSS
2. Burger Conquest Twitter
3. Burger Conquest Facebook
4. Book mark Burger Conquest and click daily

In the famous words of Simone, "Au Revoir" Yelp.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home